[GSoC] First week of coding

Loris Cro l.cro at campus.unimib.it
Mon May 26 15:10:12 UTC 2014

Hello, sorry for the delay, here's the blog for the VCF Database project:

http://kappaloris.github.io/GSoC-2014-OBF/

Done:
- figuring out the most of the practical aspects of my project from the POV
of the user
- getting an estimate of what kind of speeds to expect for parsing and
import operations
- writing some posts about what are the use cases i know of (and,
consequently, will work to make easier)

Doing:
- starting to try some data models and databases to be able to write some
benchmarks
- writing some more posts (will write soon one post about little quirks
found in the vcf specification)