[GSoC] GSoC Mentor Summit / Student Reunion

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Thu May 15 16:12:00 UTC 2014

Folks,

The GSoC Mentor Summit is an annual "unconference" held by Google in
Silicon Valley after every GSoC.  This year, Google is hosting a supersized
GSoC Mentor Summit and Student Reunion on October 23--26. More info here:
https://sites.google.com/site/gsocmentorsummitstudentreunion/home

*Mentors:*
As a GSoC 2014 organization, OBF can send two mentors/admins to the summit
as delegates at Google's expense. If you'd like to attend, let me know.

*Students, mentors, former students/mentors/admins:*
Google is also holding a "lottery" to select another 220 individuals to
attend the event at their own expense (travel & hotel). Full details are in
the e-mail below.

Note that this is a change from Google's earlier announcement; it looks
like the delegate role is for current mentors/admins only, and the lottery
is being held for students and those who were planning to attend on their
own.

Past attendees, like Raoul here, say they're enjoyed the event.

Cheers,
Eric