[EMBOSS] fuzzpro oddity

Steve Taylor stephen.taylor at imm.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 08:09:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have an odd problem. I am trying to search a multi-fasta set of proteins. If I do:

fuzzpro -sequence invertebrate.protein.faa -pattern CXXXXFYPXXXXXW -stdout -auto

I get:

Error: Sequence is not a protein

fuzzpro -sequence invertebrate.protein.faa -pattern CXXXXFYPXXXXX -stdout -auto

returns results.

Any thoughts why? Is this a cryptic way of saying it can't find the motif or some other problem?

I have tried this on Solaris 9 EMBOSS version 3.0 and Linux FC8 EMBOSS 6.0 and both give the same responses.

Thanks for any help,

Steve