[EMBOSS] Packaging EMBOSS for Fedora

uludag at ebi.ac.uk uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Jul 19 16:18:29 UTC 2009

> there seem to be some problems with make install:
>
> /usr/bin/make  install-exec-hook
> make[7]: Entering directory
> `/builddir/build/BUILD/EMBOSS-6.1.0/jemboss/org/emboss/jemboss/editor'
> mkdir -p --
> /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/EMBOSS-6.1.0-1.fc11.x86_64/usr/share/EMBOSS/jemboss/org/emboss/jemboss/editor
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `*.class': No such file or directory

Looks like we didn't test the --with-java and --with-javaos configure
options well, before this release. However, most users will not need these
two options any more as EMBOSS-6.1.0 includes precompiled jemboss class
files collected in a java archive file. You should hopefully not get the
above error if you omit these two options when you configure your emboss
installation.

Regards,
Mahmut