[EMBOSS] [Jemboss] needle Jemboss on MacIntosh

Staffa, Nick (NIH/NIEHS) staffa at niehs.nih.gov
Wed Mar 19 17:20:19 UTC 2008

Running Jemboss on a Mac.
I have a folder of GCG sequences, one of which I have included.
When I open these files in textedit, they are complete.
However when double clicked in the file manager, they look like fasta files
with no sequence information. Likewise when input to a program like needle.
It doesn't seem to matter what is done with Input Sequence Options.

What's Up, Doc?

Nick Staffa
Telephone: 919-316-4569  (NIEHS: 6-4569)
Scientific Computing Support Group
NIEHS Information Technology Support Services Contract
(Science Task Monitor: Roy W. Reter (reter at niehs.nih.gov)
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
National Institutes of Health
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina