[EMBOSS] finding genes/features in flanks of region of interest

Jon Ison jison at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 13:58:21 UTC 2008

Hi Shrish

As a starting point, you could have a look at getorf:
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/apps/cvs/emboss/apps/getorf.html

which will (optionally) return regions flanking START and / or STOP codons.

If you know an exact region of interest that can be specified
with -sbegin and -send for any input sequence.

Cheers

Jon