[EMBOSS] A note about fastA format(s) - Checked by AntiVir DEMO version -

Guy Bottu gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be
Thu Mar 30 09:37:23 UTC 2006

	Dear friends,

We are using EMBOSS version 3.0. One of my colleagues tried to use a
multiple sequence file in fastA format, where each comment line starts
with a string containing multiple pipe signs. An USA of type
fasta::file:xx|yy|zz|uu|ss
did not work. After some trial I found that putting "pearson" instead of
"fasta" helped. This is strange, since according to the on-line manual at
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/docs/themes/SequenceFormats.html
"fasta" and "pearson" are synonyms. Here it seems that "fasta" is instead
treated the same as "ncbi". Comments ?

	Guy Bottu,
	BEN