[EMBOSS] Embassy tools

Sumit Middha smiddha at cgb.indiana.edu
Thu Oct 6 16:21:20 UTC 2005

Hello Alan,
Thanks for your help on that.

I tried downloading and installing mse-1.0. The make was going fine
until this error. A similar thing happened with MYEMBOSS-3.0. I used the
--prefix option for emboss. So I untarred these to someplace and used
.configure with --prefix option.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

mse.c:18:18: ajax.h: No such file or directory
In file included from mse.c:29:
../h/mse.h:203: error: parse error before "AjPSeqout"
mse.c:40: error: parse error before "seqset"
mse.c: In function `LoadSeqWithseqset':
mse.c:43: error: syntax error before "tempname"
mse.c:45: error: `seqset' undeclared (first use in this function)
mse.c:45: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mse.c:45: error: for each function it appears in.)
mse.c:51: warning: passing arg 2 of `strcpy' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
mse.c:54: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
mse.c:77: error: `tempname' undeclared (first use in this function)
mse.c:79: warning: passing arg 2 of `strcpy' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
mse.c: At top level:
mse.c:100: error: parse error before "AjPSeqout"
mse.c: In function `DoSave':
mse.c:104: error: `AjPSeq' undeclared (first use in this function)
mse.c:104: error: parse error before "seqnew"
mse.c:105: error: `AjPStr' undeclared (first use in this function)
mse.c:106: error: `AjPSeqout' undeclared (first use in this function)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mse.o'
Current working directory /bioportal/build/MSE-1.0.0/source
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

for MYEMBOSS:

myseq.c:22:20: emboss.h: No such file or directory
myseq.c: In function `main':
myseq.c:33: error: `AjPSeq' undeclared (first use in this function)
myseq.c:33: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
myseq.c:33: error: for each function it appears in.)

--
Sumit Middha, MS in Bioinformatics
Assistant Staff Scientist