[EMBOSS] water exception

Graziano P. areagp61 at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 3 13:44:03 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I have to align two complete mitochondrial genome
sequences (about 16500 nt long) using water (emboss
version 2.7.1). I have tried this alignment on a linux
server with 2 Gbytes of RAM and water returns this
error:

"Uncaught exception:  Allocation failed, insufficient
memory available, raised at water.c:126"

I have tried the same alignment using the
embossversion 2.8.0 on a unix server with 1Gbyte of
RAM and water returned the same error message.
I have tried to launch the same alignment on EBI-SRS
(which says to have a 2.2.0 Emboss version) and the
alignment works.
Is it a problem of RAM amount or a problem of EMBOSS
version?

Best regards
Graziano