[EMBOSS] Problems installing on Enterprise

Clinton Fernandes cfernand at utm.utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 5 19:05:04 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am having problems installing EMBOSS on my Enterprise workstation and was
hoping someone may have a suggestion to help.

I have recently upgraded my RedHat 9.0 workstation to Enterprise. Under RH 9.0
EMBOSS installed without problems. However, on Enterprise I get to following
errors when issuing the "make" command:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [aaindexextract] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

There is no /etc/X11 directory. I have been told that this is now /etc/X11R6,
and I made a symbolic link to that directory (/etc/X11) but get the same error.
/usr/bin/ld does exist and no errors arise under "configure".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

--
Clinton Fernandes