[EMBOSS] Problem writing sequence files

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Aug 22 14:30:26 UTC 2003

Kim Rutherford wrote:
> Hi.  I'm trying to write a sequence to a named file.  I tried this:
>
>       AjPFile seqout_file = ajFileNewOut(seqout_name);
>       AjPSeqout named_seqout = ajSeqoutNewF(seqout_file);
>
> I get a segmentation fault and this backtrace:

> I'd appreciate if someone could let me know what I'm doing wrong or
> point me to some example code that does something similar.

It is a bug.

ajSeqoutNewF creates a sequence output object with an open file - but
stores it as a "Knownfile" attribute. It was used in the USA processing,
but ignored if you call ajSeqWrite directly.

An easy fix - it will work in the next release ... and I see you already
found it works nicely - and in the true EMBOSS style - when you do all
the hard work in the ACD file.