fasta splitter

Tony Cox avc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 15:10:22 UTC 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, January Weiner 3 wrote:

Thanks to all that responded. I did, in the end write a 12 line bioperl script
to split my fasta file. My request seems, however, to highlight a small blind
spot on the EMBOSS radar. It appears that there are a number of implementations
out there - perhaps one of them can be donated to the emboss project as the
basis of a new software tool?

Tony

+>Hi,
+>
+>> This is apparently something that is frequently asked by biologists.
+>> If you call it fastasplitter, I have a Web interface ready for it:
+>> http://bioweb.pasteur.fr/seqanal/interfaces/fastasplitter.html
+>> If you think it's interesting, I install it, and in such case, I will
+>> put your name (J. Weiner ?) on the Web interface.
+>
+>No problem, do it, it's freeware (not even GPL :-).  However, if you think
+>that such a tool is useful, then I'll rewrite it in C -- to make it faster.
+>If I may suggest -- it'd be nice if you could download or get the produced
+>files as a tgz or zip archive.
+>
+>j.
+>
+>Wysz³a Ho¿± i Czyst±, wróci³a Wspóln± i Nieca³± [ (C) by moja babcia ]
+>
+>

Tony Cox			Email:avc at sanger.ac.uk
Sanger Institute		WWW:www.sanger.ac.uk