EMBOSS under WIN2000

David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE
Mon Dec 16 09:24:13 UTC 2002

Hello Asen,

just throw away the Win2000 :-)
But seriously, why not leaving the EMBOSS on a Linux server with Apache and one
of the WWW interfaces:
(http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/interfaces.html)
You could install Luke's EMBOSS GUI which is very emboss specific but easy to
set up.
If you need an interface for other sequence analysis programs I would suggest
Cathrine Letondal's PISE.
This you can use for emboss and dozens other sequence analysis programs.

Sincerely,
David.

Hi,

I am using EMBOSS undex Mandrake Linux and the package is working properly.
Now I have to run a web-based system including EMBOSS package under WIN2000
server platform. My question is: Is it possible to run the package under
windows. I know it is possible to recompile selected program and also that
copliling under CYGWIN is not working at all.
Any help appreciated.

Regards
Asen Nenov

METALIFE AG - Sofia, Bulgaria