problem with remote databank access

Jack Leunissen jackl at dalicon.com
Fri Aug 3 13:11:41 UTC 2001

No, the problem is that their default output format is EMBL! And that seems
to upset
EMBOSS, as it expect GENBANK format for the sequence information too.

Changing the call to:
url:"http://genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de/menu/cgi-bin/srs/wgetz?-e+-sf+g
enbank+[genbank-acc:%s]"
does the trick! (note the addition: +-sf+genbank" to force the sequence
output in GENBANK format).

Cheers,
Jack

   Jack A.M. Leunissen         Email: jackl at cmbi.kun.nl
   Centre for Molecular and    Tel  :  +31 24 365 22 48
   Biomolecular Informatics    Fax  :  +31 24 365 29 77
   Nijmegen, Netherlands       http://www.cmbi.kun.nl/