[emboss-dev] Enquiry about emboss needle program customizin​g

Tae-Kyung Kim misoh049 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 02:00:35 UTC 2011

*I am now working for Korea Bioinformation Center, and particularly
integrating Korean Bio-resources as National infrastructure.*
*
*
*
*
*Now, I am urgently customizing global alignment program needle *
*
*
*
*
*for fungi sequence database analysis. Although I know that emboss needle is
the best program, *
*
*
*
*
*it is not easy to customize it for my purpose. Would you please let me know
how to modify the program?*
*
*
*
*
*There are two questions.*
*
*
*
*
*First, I would like to get standard input sequence parameter instead of
file name like this.*
*
*
*
*
*./needle -asequence ATGCATATAAA -bsequence ATAGAATAAA -gapopen 10
-gapextend 0.5 -stdout -auto*
*
*
*
*
*I want to reduce file I/O to perform large number of global sequence
alignment with this structure.*
*
*
*
*
*Second, I would like to get real identity, which means the number of '|' in
needle result.*
*
*
*
*
*                  ATAAAAAA*
*                   | | | |    | | |                    *
*                  ATAATAAA*
*    ---------------------------------------*
*              Real Identity = 7*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*I thank you in advance for your support and look forward to hearing from
you.*

--
Tae-Kyung Kim, Ph.D.
Bio-Resource Information Team