Pre first draft of admin guide.

David Martin david.martin at biotek.uio.no
Wed Aug 2 14:49:18 UTC 2000

OK it is in raw text form. I'll mark it up for LaTeX soon but here it is
for your delectation and delight.

The major sticking points at the moment are Database Indexing, especially
DBIBLAST but there are unresolved issues with DBIFLAT and FASTA files and
DBIGCG (because it loops until armageddon in the form of SIGDIEDIEDIE) so
I haven't been able to test it properly.

Comments are welcome. I'm hoping it can be pretty much a recipe book for
EMBOSS setup.

With a bit of standardising of macros, it should be possible to dump out
the program docs as LaTeX and incorporate those too. I'll look at marking
up the quick guide, and then with Val's tutorial and Thon's ACD guide we
are approaching a reasonable manual for EMBOSS.

Maybe I should create a small EMBOSS logo in LaTeX like

EMB that would slot into the text at about the right height.
OSS

..d
*  Dr. David Martin                  Biotechnology Centre of Oslo   *
*  Node Manager                      Gaustadalleen 21               *
*  The Norwegian EMBNet Node         P.O. box 1125 Blindern         *
*  tel +47 22 95 87 56               N-0317 Oslo                    *
*  fax +47 22 69 41 30               Norway                         *