[DAS2] DAS and DAS2

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 27 14:29:32 UTC 2006

das2,

My name is Brian Osborne, I¹m working on documentation for GMOD and
GMOD-related packages as part of the newly created GMOD Help Desk position.
Some of my colleagues here in the GMOD community are recommending that we
consider DAS, 1 or 2, as important GMOD-related software so I¹m joining your
list in order to learn more about DAS. I have some initial questions, I was
wondering if someone could help me out with them (I did read the DAS
Overview and browsed most of the specs at biodas.org).

1. Are DAS1 and DAS2 designed to inter-operate? For example, will I be able
to use a DAS2 client and a DAS1 server?
2. Do you think DAS2 is going to replace DAS1 or co-exist with it? Yes, this
may not be easy to answer.
3. Is there a DAS2 release date?

Thanks again,

Brian O.