[DAS2] TYPE[@source] -> TYPE[@method]

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Nov 9 22:30:51 UTC 2006

[dup to Gregg; had forgotten change the reply to all of das2]

On Nov 6, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Helt,Gregg wrote:
> I agree that multiple uses of "source" makes it confusing, and that for
> types "method" is a reasonable alternative.  On a related note, do we
> really need both "title" and "source/method" attributes for types?

The "method" attribute is the method used to generate features of the
given type.  Eg, "Genscan 1.23".  The title is a human readable string
about the type.

I've been thinking of it as

  Server A:
   Type1 = "high confidence gene predictions" from "Genscan 1.23"
      so_accession="0000704"
   Type2 = "low confidence gene predictions" from "Genscan 1.23"
      so_accession="0000704"

  Server B:
   Type3 = "high confidence gene predictions" from "HMMGene 1.1"
      so_accession="0000704"
   Type4 = "low confidence gene predictions" from "HMMGene 1.1"
      so_accession="0000704"

where the types are used to get different styles; perhaps different
colors.

The example in the RNC was ambiguous on this.  It used "binding
site" as the sole example.  I've added
   "High confidence Genscan predictions"
as a title and changed the genscan method example from "genscan" to
   "Genscan 1.23"

BTW, as a client implementor, how do you lay these on a track?
I presume information about track sharing goes in the stylesheet?

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com