[DAS2] Mark Gibson on Apollo writeback to Chado

Nomi Harris nomi at fruitfly.org
Mon Mar 27 19:42:59 UTC 2006

mark gibson said that he plans to attend next monday's DAS/2
teleconference.  he also gave me permission to forward this message that
he wrote recently in response to a group that is adapting apollo and
wondered what he thought about direct-to-chado writeback vs. the use of
chadoxml as an intermediate storage format.  FlyBase Harvard prefers to
use the latter approach because (we gather) they worry about possibly
corrupting the database by having clients write directly to it.  if
anyone from harvard is reading this and feels that mark has
misrepresented their approach, please set us straight!

               Nomi