[DAS2] debugging validation proxy

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Fri Mar 17 07:33:44 UTC 2006

After a conversation with Gregg this afternoon I this evening
implemented a debugging validation proxy for DAS.  The code
is about 100 lines long and combines Python's "twisted" network
library and the dasypus validator.

To make it work, configure your DAS client to use a proxy,
which is this validation proxy.  Then do things like normal.
The request go through the proxy.  It dumps the request
info to stdout and forwards the request to the real server.

It requires the response headers and body.  When finished
it passed the data to dasypus.

I stuck some DAS-ish XML on my company web server
and did the connection like this

% curl -x localhost:8080 http://www.dalkescientific.com/sources.xml

The output from the debug window is

Making request for 'http://www.dalkescientific.com/sources.xml'
Warning: Unknown Content-Type 'application/xml'.
Info: Assuming doctype of 'sources' based on root element at byte 40,
line 2, column 2
Finished processing

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com