[DAS2] Example alignments

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 08:15:17 UTC 2006

Lincoln,

> Query and subject are rather BLAST-specific and don't apply to other
> techniques, such as whole genome alignments. How about using "reference" for
> the reference sequence and "non-reference" for the target?

That seems fine to me, I think the word "target" is ambiguous as I have commonly
heard people refer to both the "query" and the "subject" sequences as the
"target" ! (but not at the same time of course ;-)

Ed

|  The Morgan Building, Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   |
|  Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1HH                                           |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-496844  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |