[DAS2] most up-to-date mouse das? (mm7)

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 01:43:14 UTC 2006

Thanks Steve!

We ended up looking up the genomic positions in a bit of a grueling way.

We had a list of gene names from a paper that we thought could
influence our eQTLs and then used those to look up (by hand) the
corresponding Entrez Gene ids.

We used gene2refseq.gz to get RefSeq ids mapping onto the gene ids.

Then we used 'bed' files downloaded from UC Santa Cruz to get the
genomic coordinates of the RefSeq ids (alignments) and then checked
them against our list of genomic regions (peaks).

Clearly we could have used DAS to get the positions, which would have
saved coding!

Live and learn :-)

-Ann