[DAS2] fyi - jalview

James Procter jimp at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Dec 11 10:04:52 UTC 2006

Hi All. Just thought I'd step out of the shadows, and say Hi - since
I've been lurking on the DAS/2 list for a year or so now :)

Ann Loraine wrote:
> www.jalview.org
>
> Apparentently jalview can talk to DAS servers. It also can run
> multiple alignments on a server and display results in the viewer.
Jalview does DAS/1 annotation retrieval using Andreas's dasobert
library, and we pick up the XML registry list document from dasregistry.org.

> I just used it for a project and to make figures for a talk. It's very nice!
Any suggestions are very welcome!  We'd like to be able to do a bit more
than the basic 'visualize features on a sequence' DAS client behaviour,
and that's why we are watching and learn from you guys!

cheers.
Jim Procter