[DAS2] writeback spec

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Apr 27 17:55:55 UTC 2006

Steve:
> You mean in some automated fashion? Before we switched to generating
> the
> html from templates, I set up a cron that updated the manually edited
> html
> file for the read spec on biodas.org. I don't know if there is an
> automated
> process that produces the template-based html from CVS on biodas.org --
> unless you or Lincoln set something up.

I didn't set anything up.  One thing to note though is that I'm not
using
the template system for the current specs.  The validator I have now is
much more powerful than the one then so I'm parsing the spec documents
and validating them.  "More powerful" includes that I can report the
error line as it is in the spec document and not just in the piece
of XML to validate.

It should be possible to just pull the specs out of CVS.

> BTW, I can't ssh into portal.open-bio.org, or even ping it. This is (or
> perhaps was) the machine hosting biodas.org. Do you the story here?

Chris Dag. sent out an email on 3/23 "Important news for all developers
ith open-bio.org CVS access

    (2) All of our websites have been consolidated on the new server
    newportal.open-bio.org

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com