[DAS2] Re: New problem with content-type header in DAS/2 server responses!

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Nov 10 20:10:14 UTC 2005

Ed:
> For a user (let's call her Varla) using IE, the browser will intercept
> some error codes and present her with some IE-specific garbage,
> throwing away any content that was sent back in addition to the error
> code.

Here's the question I had earlier.  Will people be using a DAS/2
annotation
server directly through a web browser?  As far as I'm aware there's no
demand for this.  None of the proposals mentioned it and the current
discussion
started from a technical discussion at ISMB; that is, because it could,
and not because it is needed.

I thought most people using IE/Moz/etc. would go a DAS application
server,
which integrates views from different DAS annotation servers.

All this discussion is about returning pages back from an annotation
server in a form directly viewable by a web browser.

I don't see that as being useful.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com