[DAS2] imported data into bug tracker

Helt,Gregg Gregg_Helt at affymetrix.com
Thu May 12 17:07:25 UTC 2005

I'd also really like to keep bug tracking and feature requests for the
spec separate from the client and server implementations.  My main
reason for this is to emphasize that the spec is entirely independent of
the implementations.  Too many people I talk to are already confused
about the distinction.

There should be one spec, but multiple implementations of DAS/2 clients
and servers, and not all from the grant collaborators.  To me that's an
indication that we've succeeded in the primary goal of the grant which
is coming up with an improved DAS/2 spec that is widely adopted by the
bioinformatics community.

The validation suite might be an exception to this distinction.  I doubt
that anyone else will reimplement this, and I think it's okay for it to
be more tightly associated with the spec.

	gregg