[DAS2] imported data into bug tracker

Chervitz, Steve Steve_Chervitz at affymetrix.com
Tue May 10 22:10:19 UTC 2005

Ed Erwin wrote:
> Chervitz, Steve wrote:
>> I thought it might be convenient to use this bugzilla as a one-stop-shop for
>> tracking all DAS/2 related bugs, including client, server, and validation
>> suite.
>
> Please do NOT put IGB bugs in the DAS/2 bugzilla, even though it is
> intended to become a DAS/2 client.  I already have to keep track of 3
> bug-reporting repositories for IGB and I don't need a fourth one!

I also believe it is best to not migrate existing bugs from the established
client and server bug trackers into the open-bio bugzilla db.

However, there's a decent chance that people will submit new bugs on the
open-bio bugzilla pertaining to anything related to DAS. Once people start
getting their hands wet with DAS/2, they may naturally gravitate to
bugzilla.open-bio.org, since it is close to biodas.org (in internet space).

A good solution might be to have a Bugs link on biodas.org pointing to a
page that describes where to go to submit/view bugs for various parts of
DAS/2 that are being developed by the grant:

  * Bugs for the spec -> bugzilla.open-bio.org
  * Bugs for the IGB client -> genoviz.sf.net (or where?)
  * Bugs for the gmod server -> gmod.sf.net
  * Bugs for the validation suite -> ??

I can look into setting up this page.

Steve