[DAS2] namespace description

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed Mar 16 19:40:04 UTC 2005

Ed:
> Your suggestion is good.  But you can also consider this, which might
> be better if the description ever needs to be long:
>
> <NAMESPACE id="volvox/1/type">
>   <DESCRIPTION>Feature types</DESCRIPTION>

The documentation doesn't say what text could go there so I
don't know how long it might be.  The existing description is
very short.

The SOURCE and VERSION elements already use a "description"
attribute.

<SOURCE id="volvox" description="Volvox Example Database"
  taxon="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/taxon-browser?id=29118"

doc_href="http://www.wormbase.org/documentation/users_guide/
volvox.html" >
    <VERSION id="volvox/1" description="Build 1, October 2002" />
    <VERSION id="volvox/2" description="Build 2, January 2003"

If there is need for a long block of text, and/or marked up
text (I don't think either is the case) then the tag name
should be something other than DESCRIPTION.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com