[DAS2] Fwd: DAS2 meeting today (Sunday), 12:30-2:30

Steve_Chervitz Steve_Chervitz at affymetrix.com
Tue Dec 14 01:33:38 UTC 2004

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Helt,Gregg" <Gregg_Helt at affymetrix.com>
Date: September 25, 2004 11:55:45 PM PDT
Subject: DAS2 meeting today (Sunday), 12:30-2:30

Today we're having another in the ongoing series of DAS/2 meetings, from
12:30-2:30 PM in the Loft Room at the Wellcome Trust Conference Center.
I think we'll be covering a variety of topics with regard to the
specification, so BYOT (Bring Your Own Topic).

What I'm pretty sure we we will _not_ be covering is:
         registry and discovery of DAS/2 servers (already covered in
Saturday meeting, need to process results of that before discussing
again)
         writeback from DAS/2 clients to DAS/2 servers (there will be a
meeting Monday on this)
         implementation details of DAS/2 clients, servers, validation
suite (I want to keep focus on spec and logistics)

Topics I'd personally like to cover:
     Spec overview:
         General coherence
         Complexity comparison to DAS/1 and other alternatives
         Technology choices -- I'd like to have some coherent strategy
for explaining DAS/2 technology choices to others
                 For example, the decision to use URLs for most
identifiers rather than LSIDs
     Logistics:
         Timeline for meeting goals of grant
         Scheduling of next face-to-face meeting, as well as regular
teleconferences
         Summarize division of labor
         Getting feedback from bioinformatics community

Attendance is optional, but decisions _are_ getting made at these
meetings...

         thanks,
         gregg