[DAS] Workshop 2012 format change

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 14:20:54 UTC 2012

After some discussions and partly due to a lack of volunteers for
talks we have decided to modify the DAS workshop format this year. The
first day as per previous years will be tutorials and talks for new
users of DAS. The second and third day will be for DAS developers as a
hackathon to facilitate the implementation and updating of clients,
servers and libraries to implement the latest 1.6E specifications.
Thus for this year we are dispensing with the second day of talks
which will hopefully be back in some form next year. The workshop
registration page and registrations will be updated to reflect this
change soon.

Any comments or suggestions please let us know.

Jonathan Warren
Senior Developer and DAS coordinator
blog: http://biodasman.wordpress.com/
jw12 at sanger.ac.uk