[Bosc-announce] BOSC2001 Update

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:06:27 -0400

BOSC'2001 Meeting Update
=====================

Schedule & Abstracts:
http://open-bio.org/bosc2001/program.html

Registration:
We are using the registration desk located at the Restaurant NIMB at Tivoli
Gardens. When you register for BOSC you will also register and receive all
of your ISMB materials at the same time. The site for all BOSC events will
be within or around the NIMB site.

A 500KB PDF map of the Tivoli Garden site showing the location of NIMB is
available at http://open-bio.org/bosc2001/TivoliMap3.pdf. It is suggested
that attendees enter through the restaurant door that is directly across
from the main Copenhagen train station.

BOF listings, times & locations:
http://open-bio.org/bosc2001/bofs.html

Network and Internet access:
Due to facility constraints Sun Microsystems is going to be unable to open
the internet cafe early enough for BOSC usage. We are arranging for leasing
separate network access which will most likely be one or more 128k ISDN
lines. This may be a very ad-hoc network setup that we build on our own so
anyone is interested in helping out with infrastructure  & building the
BOSC network drop us a line :) Both Andrew Dalke and I will be bringing
along 802.11b network access points and we hope to get a nice wireless
network up and running so bring those 802.11b cards along with your laptop!

On behalf of all of the volunteer BOSC organizers - thank you for
registering and we hope the meeting is enjoyable and productive.