[BioSQL-l] biosql and ontologies

Robson de Souza robfsouza at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 01:04:47 UTC 2010

Hi!

I have the following scenario to solve: I'm thinking of storing the
annotations of genes, genome regions, proteins, etc in a BioSQL
database but, since some customized ontologies we are developing are
expected to evolve in paralllel with the annotation process and more
than one person in my group should be able to edit the ontologies, I
need to be able to modify the ontology iteratively in BioSQL.

Therefore, my question is: are there any OBOEdit plugins to read/write
ontologies directly in BioSQL?? Or Chado? Or some other scheme for
community editing of an ontology? Or the same functionality in some
other ontology editor?

I am not sure whether downloading and reloading the ontology is an
option. How does updating of ontogies via load_ont6ology.pl work?
Could it be done simultaneously by two people?

Cheers!
Robson