[BioSQL-l] Passwords on biosql databases

David Martin d.m.a.martin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 11:09:08 UTC 2008

I have set up a biosql database on Postgres. The Bio::DB::BioDB module croaks complaining that it needs the password. I have tried the obvious things (-password -passwd and reading what docs I could find) but to no avail.

Any clues?

Assuming the database is on postgres and is called biosql with user biosqluser and password biosqlpassword I have been trying:

 my $dbadp = Bio::DB::BioDB->new(-database => 'biosql',
                                -user => 'biosqluser',
                                -dbname => 'biosql',
                                -host => 'postgres',
     -passwd=>'biosqlpassword',
                                -driver => 'Pg');

regards

..d

David Martin PhD
College of Life Sciences
University of Dundee

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096