[BioSQL-l] Python ORM mapping for BioSQL

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Nov 28 18:31:55 UTC 2008

On Nov 28, 2008, at 5:43 AM, Peter wrote:

> Why not this:
>
> CREATE TABLE taxon_name (
>       taxon_id		INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
>       name		VARCHAR(255) BINARY NOT NULL,
>       name_class	VARCHAR(32) BINARY NOT NULL,
>       PRIMARY KEY (taxon_id,name,name_class)
> ) TYPE=INNODB;

It's part of the changes planned for the next release indeed. At the
time this was written it didn't seem to matter much as they are really
semantically equivalent, and ORM tools weren't around much at the
time :-)

I do hope that no-one is using a dynamically configuring ORM at run
time so that this change can be a drop-in replacement that's fully
backwards compatible.