[BioSQL-l] PostgreSQL Error: column "oid" does not exist

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Aug 7 20:11:19 UTC 2006

I think this can be considered a bug in the Pg version of BioSQL and
needs to be fixed.

It is also a nice example for how things come back to you and bite.
At the time I wrote the RULEs (the OID doesn't appear anywhere else
does it?) PostgreSQL didn't have nested transactions and so the RULE
statements really were a kludge to the absence of nested transaction,
which is what I would have really wanted.

I think it is time now to get rid of that stuff by implementing the
respective parts in bioperl-db using nested transactions, thereby
obviating the need for RULE statements, thereby obviating the need
for putting 'WITH OID' anywhere.

	-hilmar