[BioSQL-l] having trouble creating persistent features

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Sep 7 13:30:25 EDT 2005

On Sep 7, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Amit Indap wrote:

> In my code snippet it below I retriveve the sequence from the biosql
> db, add a persistent feature, and store it. Then I re-retrieve the
> same sequence and see if my new sequence features show up. But when I
> run another script, after the one below finishes, to list features my
> newly added features do not show up. I am at a loss on what to do
> next. Does the store() command commit changes to the underly biosql
> database or am I missing another step?

No, there is no magic commit under the hood. You need to commit when
appropriate for you.

Your code snippet looks alright except that you don't have to make the
feature persistent; when you call $dbseq->store() all features and
annotations are made persistent automatically as a prerequisite for
storing them.

I also interpret your email such that when you re-retrieve the sequence
within the same script you do see the added feature? But it's gone once
you try with a different script? This would clearly indicate a
transaction getting rolled back because it wasn't committed.

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org