[BioSQL-l] FPC maps in the marker database

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Thu Jan 13 22:01:05 EST 2005

I don't think there is much one way or another anymore.  I stopped work
on those modules quite a long time ago.  I had some hope that Ken's
CMAP stuff would be able to generally handle lots of different map
types but it would need someone to dedicate a fair amount of time to
get the FPC stuff working.

You also might have more luck talking to the FPC module authors about
their ideas as they probably store stuff in DBs there.

If there is a logical mapping of the FPC stuff into the BioSQL system
I'm all for it, but as of now the map stuff  it is pretty much just
remnants.  I also expect the chado guys to integrate some sort of map
stuff into their models as well since there is a lot of genetic map
data in most of the model system dbs but I don't know anything about
their plans.

Maybe would be good if you can talk a little more about the type of
functionality you really wanted with the DB and that might stir up some
more memories of what it would take to get it in the system.

-jason