[BioSQL-l] redundant qualifier values & Bio::SeqFeature::SimilarityPair

Daniel Lang daniel.lang at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Apr 5 13:05:33 EDT 2004

Hi,
I am trying to populate a biosql database (postgres) with "home-made"
RichSeqs objects. On first sight, I looks like everything is OK, but
when I retrieve the sequences and write them e.g. in genbank format,
there are some sequences, where the qualifiers are doubled or even tripled:
FEATURES             Location/Qualifiers
      source          1..551
                      /tissue_type="mixture of chloronemata, caulonemata and
                      malformed buds"
                      /tissue_type="mixture of chloronemata, caulonemata and
                      malformed buds"
                      /tissue_type="mixture of chloronemata, caulonemata and
                      malformed buds"
                      /clone_lib="normalized full length cDNA library,
                      chloronemata, caulonemata and malformed buds"
                      /clone_lib="normalized full length cDNA library,
                      chloronemata, caulonemata and malformed buds"
                      /clone_lib="normalized full length cDNA library,
                      chloronemata, caulonemata and malformed buds"
                      /sub_species="patens"
                      /sub_species="patens"
                      /sub_species="patens"
                      /clone="pphb37e20"
                      /clone="pphb37e20"
                      /clone="pphb37e20"
                      /organism="Physcomitrella patens subsp. patens"
                      /organism="Physcomitrella patens subsp. patens"
                      /organism="Physcomitrella patens subsp. patens"
                      /mol_type="mRNA"
                      /mol_type="mRNA"
                      /mol_type="mRNA"
                      /db_xref="taxon:145481"
                      /db_xref="taxon:145481"
                      /db_xref="taxon:145481"
      ATAIL           1..28
                      /ACTION="annot"
                      /ACTION="annot"
                      /ACTION="annot"
                      /ORIENT="REVERSE"
                      /ORIENT="REVERSE"
                      /ORIENT="REVERSE"

Of course, the underlying data is non-redundant...
Correspondingly, these qualifier_values are stored redundantly in the
seqfeature_qualifier_value table with a different rank:

seqfeature_id | term_id | rank |
                value
---------------+---------+------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              1 |       5 |    1 | pphb37e20
              1 |       5 |    2 | pphb37e20
              1 |       5 |    3 | pphb37e20
              1 |       6 |    1 | normalized full length cDNA library,
chloronemata, caulonemata and malformed buds
              1 |       6 |    2 | normalized full length cDNA library,
chloronemata, caulonemata and malformed buds
              1 |       6 |    3 | normalized full length cDNA library,
chloronemata, caulonemata and malformed buds

But when I write the constructed object in genbank or embl format in the
first place, the qualifiers are correct?!
Bio::Annotation::Reference s are also affected...

Additionally not all data I intend to insert is integrated...

Here a code snipplet:
  if($seq->isa("Bio::AnnotatableI")) {
		flatten_annotations($seq->annotation);
	    }
	    $adp= $db->get_object_adaptor($seq);

	    my $pseq = $db->create_persistent($seq)  unless
$seq->isa("Bio::DB::PersistentObjectI");
	    $pseq->namespace($namespace);
	    $pseq->store();
	    $adp->commit();

Any ideas what is happening?

Additionally I´d like to know if there is an adapter or a way to store
Bio::SeqFeature::SimilarityPair s in the schema yet?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

--

Daniel Lang
University of Freiburg, Plant Biotechnology
e-mail: daniel.lang at biologie.uni-freiburg.de

 >REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/A)

Join MOSS 2004 in Freiburg, Germany from September 12th - 15th:
registration and information @ http://www.plant-biotech.net/moss2004