[BioSQL-l] Can I just consider import HGI.101403 to biosequence table?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Dec 17 13:01:21 EST 2003

On Wednesday, December 17, 2003, at 09:26  AM, Josh Lauricha wrote:

> On a side note, is there anything thats more efficient at getting a
> sequence from BioSQL than Bio::DB::BioDB? All the transformations done
> by that interface make it too slow to use on a webpage.

Not for perl AFAIK. What is the response time that you're looking for?
What is the search that you execute?

A single sequence record located by unique key should return in a
fraction of a second that's shorter than the browser page build-up
combined with the network latency, provided you back it with a decent
database server.

Note that the bioperl-db code makes extensive use of caching. If you
fire up a CGI each and every time you hit the page, you won't take any
advantage of that.

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org