[BioSQL-l] One Datasource => One Comment?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Dec 15 12:11:12 EST 2003

On Monday, December 15, 2003, at 07:00  AM, Raphael A. Bauer wrote:

> Hello BioSQL List,
>
> When I parse Swissprot or Genbank or EMBL into a newly generated
> biosql schema - is it possible that there can be generated more than
> one comment entries for a single bioentry?

If the original entry had more than one comment then yes. Swissprot
should have always only one comment I'd claim, but I really don't know
for sure.

> I would think that more comments for a single bioentry can only happen
> if there is more than one datasource in the biosql-schema (eg. Genbank
> and Swissprot together).

This is hardly possible. Theoretically it can happen if you assigned
the same namespace to both datasources and chose to update records when
same accession numbers, which GenBank and Swissprot really don't.
Otherwise, if you assigned different namespaces the bioentries will be
different.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org