[BioRuby] BioRuby Digest, Vol 110, Issue 1

Yannick Wurm y.wurm at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 10:38:30 UTC 2015

Hey Francesco,

that's very cool. I like the fact that it abstracts away all the complication of the queuing system. Can you use pipengine without a queuing system/scheduler? (i.e. on a single 48-core fat node)?

Is there an easily searchable bioinfo-core mailing list archive? I am a member but cannot easily find the discussion you mention.

I agree that its challenging to find/create one-size-fits-all solutions. However I do think that there is a need for a "pipelining" solution that is sufficiently biologist-friendly to get them to immediately see the value (saving them time AND improving agility/reproducibitliy/maintainabiltiy/sharability). Ad-hoc solutions produced by biologists tend to do everything badly...

Cheers,
Yannick

p.s.: Sorry about the Gsoc & thanks for your efforts in putting it together...
p.p.s.: docker is amazeballs :)
        Have a look at (WIP) https://github.com/yeban/oswitch
        We're facilitating transparent switching (files/paths/ids conserved)
        back and forth between different OS.