[BioRuby] biogems.info and some newish gems

Matt Yoder diapriid at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 15:41:46 UTC 2014

Hi all,

A coupe notes.  I'm wondering if the about statement "Biogems are
automatically listed at biogems.info when the gem is pushed to
rubygems.org, using the biogem tool, and the name of the gem starts
with bio- (bio dash), e.g. bio-fasta or bio-gff3. " is presently true?
 There are many gems listed that don't start with bio-, and while I
haven't looked too closely I suspect some also did not use the biogem
tool? How are these getting on the list?

For reference, here's a number of gems I've worked on.  They are
variously polished!

https://github.com/mjy/obo_parser
https://github.com/mjy/nexus_parser
https://github.com/mjy/rubyMorphbank

and, more recently, with my new group (some of these very rough, in dev)

https://github.com/SpeciesFileGroup/taxonifi
https://github.com/SpeciesFileGroup/ref2bibtex
https://github.com/SpeciesFileGroup/sqed
https://github.com/SpeciesFileGroup/rubyBHL

Finally, perhaps of most interest, developed recently at the open tree
hackathon:

https://github.com/SpeciesFileGroup/bark

And a shameless plug for a new Rails project that will use many if not
all of these gems: http://taxonworks.org.  We'd love to have input on
any and all projects, and I'd be happy to answer any questions about
these efforts.

Cheers,
Matt Yoder