[BioRuby] Ruby installation

Joachim Baran joachim.baran at gmail.com
Fri May 2 00:31:17 UTC 2014

Hi!

On 1 May 2014 17:18, Iain Barnett <iainspeed at gmail.com> wrote:

> You *provide* the VM. You *provide* the files. You *provide* the tools you
> used to build the VM. You *provide* the process you used. Then anyone can
> jump in at any level, either just load a file, or load a file and
> reconfigure, or tweak your process and dump whatever isn't wanted.

  I think only a few bioinformaticians would actually go through that
process -- probably many more if everything were very easy and well
explained. I would bet that simply no single biologist or statistician
would be willing to load their data this way.

> Either you want things configurable and bespoke, or you want them simple
> and straightforward. You can't have your cake and eat it.

  That is true. I still would like to hear from others the reasons why 'gem
install bio' fails. Are there dependencies that should be culled?

Kim