[BioRuby] How can I make contribution to Bioruby?

George Githinji georgkam at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 05:07:29 UTC 2014

I stand to be corrected on this, but it looks like Bioruby is divided
into two. 1) The core Bioruby libraries and 2) The bioruby plugins aka
biogems. The core Bioruby is maintained by a group of individuals who
dictated the direction that Bioruby should take. The plugins systems
is a more flexible way to add functionality to Bioruby. Using the
plugins you can add whatever functionality that is lacking to Bioruby.
A list of available plugins is here http://www.biogems.info/.

Largely the development takes place at
Github(https://github.com/bioruby/bioruby), for the core library and
for most plugins.

It might be good to outline the contributions that you wish to make
and initiate some form of discussion or dialogue on this mailing list
or at the IRC channel.

Happy contributing :)
George