[BioRuby] gsoc suggestion: microframework for simple scientific web wrappers

Ben Woodcroft donttrustben at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 02:28:59 UTC 2014

Sounds cool yannick. Some thoughts:

* the ptools rubygem has a 'which' method, which might be of use.
* the version tool would in itself be useful. Including it in a script to
add a --version flag, automatically working out the version from
rubygems/git commit/whether the repo is dirty/etc. would be pretty cool, as
it would ease documenting versions used.
* bio-commandeer seems of obvious use..

Is there any good markup language for describing program inputs and
outputs? Anything that could be stolen from galaxy?

ben

Ben Woodcroft
http://ecogenomic.org/users/ben-woodcroft <http://www.ecogenomic.org/>