[BioRuby] Ruby installation

Gianluca Della Vedova gianluca at dellavedova.org
Wed Apr 30 12:28:51 UTC 2014

Hi Pjotr,
what's the intended audience (total newbies, new to ruby but with fair
computer experience, etc.)? Building from source might be suited only
for experienced people.

Albeit not related to Ruby, IMO the software carpentry group have
dealing with the same issues for some time (they tend to use VMs for
teaching, I don't know if that would be fine for your purposes).

My experience with rbenv when I started exploring ruby has been good.
YMMV.

Best,
--
Gianluca Della Vedova