[BioRuby] BaseSpace Ruby SDK Announcement

Joachim Baran joachim.baran at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 08:32:32 UTC 2013

Hello BioRuby Community,

  Over the last half year, we have worked on a Ruby SDK for Illumina’s “BaseSpace” genomics cloud computing platform and we need your help now.

  BaseSpace Ruby SDK can be used in the development of BaseSpace Apps and scripts for next-gen sequencing data analysis. The primary purpose of the SDK is to provide an easy-to-use Ruby environment that enables developers to authenticate users, retrieve data, and upload data from/to the BaseSpace cloud.

  We are in contact with Illumina about making the BaseSpace Ruby SDK part of Illumina’s BaseSpace SDK family (C#, Java, Python, R). This will involve moving our developer GitHub repo -- https://github.com/joejimbo/basespace-ruby-sdk -- into their organization, which we aim to have completed by end of July.

  Please help us making BaseSpace Ruby SDK a great success, so that we can strengthen Ruby’s and BioRuby’s presence in the genomics and bioinformatics community. We are looking for people who are interested in helping us test our implementation and filing (hopefully few) bug reports.

  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by replying to this email either on this list or in private.

Best wishes,

The BaseSpace Rubyists