[BioRuby] BaseSpace Ruby SDK Official Release Announcement

Joachim Baran joachim.baran at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 00:08:11 UTC 2013

Hello BioRuby Community,

  We are proud to announce the first official release of BaseSpace Ruby SDK for Illumina’s BaseSpace genomics cloud computing platform.

  BaseSpace Ruby SDK can be used in the development of BaseSpace Apps as well as for creating next-gen sequencing data analysis workflows. The SDK is freely available under an open-source license as Ruby gem/Biogem that provides an easy-to-use Ruby environment for interacting with the BaseSpace cloud.

  We present hands-on examples of BaseSpace Ruby SDK that tackle authentication and working with privileges, browsing data, accessing files in the cloud, querying BAM- and VCF-files, and uploading analysis results into the BaseSpace cloud. An extensive reference documentation covers all of the SDK’s classes, their methods and parameters.

  BaseSpace Ruby SDK integrates seamlessly into BioRuby projects and works well with other Biogems. It is also compatible with the recently released Ruby 2.0.0, whose performance improvements make it an interesting development platform for the genomics and bioinformatics community.

  If you have questions or would like to provide feedback about the SDK, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by replying to this email either on this list or in private. We also have an issue and feature request tracker, which can be used for contacting us too (see link below).

Useful links:

  *  Illumina BaseSpace Ruby SDK: https://developer.basespace.illumina.com/docs/content/documentation/sdk-samples/ruby-sdk-overview
  *  Illumina’s release announcement: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/basespace-developers/GW_hQ2OkCiQ/3aqnM2FdSeQJ
  *  Official Ruby gem: https://rubygems.org/gems/bio-basespace-sdk