[BioRuby] Most buildbot slaves down

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 08:39:30 UTC 2012

Hi all,

For those of you actively monitoring the nightly BuildBot
for Biopython and/or BioRuby, all the buildslaves at my
institute are currently effectively offline. A new stricter
firewall policy was introduced last week while I was away.
I hope we'll have the necessary outgoing ports opened
again soon.

In the meantime, additional buildslaves hosted elsewhere
would be very useful. The machines need to be online
and are typically only used once every 24 hours for the
scheduled builds. Non-Linux machines are particularly
important for cross-platform testing (while for Linux
the TravisCI testing seems to be working nicely overall).

Any volunteers?

Thanks,

Peter