[BioRuby] bio-phyloxml gem

Clayton Wheeler cswh at umich.edu
Fri May 18 03:10:52 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have repackaged BioRuby's PhyloXML support as a separate gem:

https://github.com/csw/bioruby-phyloxml

I was able to preserve its revision history. All the unit tests pass, too. I did take this opportunity to rename some of the files, so their names correspond to the namespace of the classes. I think I've set up the packaging appropriately, though I'd appreciate it if someone more experienced with the Biogems infrastructure could take a quick look at this. (Hint hint, Pjotr.)

Who should we designate as the maintainer? I suppose I have my hands on it, but if there are any volunteers… And if it would make more sense to host this under someone else's Github account, that should be easy enough.

Also, feel free to contribute changes to the README.

If everything looks good, I'll go ahead and set this up on Travis-CI, biogems.info, and Rubygems as version 1.0.0.

Clayton Wheeler
cswh at umich.edu